Mercer Street is the Main Street of Downtown Dripping Springs! It’s where all the local fun happens! Founder’s Day is hosted here, as well as the Songwriter’s Festival, and the tree lighting before Christmas. So since it’s such a heartstring of the community we decided that this spot would be the perfect backdrop for Bella’s Senior Portraits!
SIDENOTE: If you aren’t a local, you most likely wouldn’t recognize this spot. But you locals probably will.
With the threat of rain on Saturday we crossed our fingers a bit, but knew we could grab shelter pretty quickly if the sky opened up. The stores on Mercer Street have created these gorgeous backdrops that you’ll likely be seeing more of! I mean every direction I looked it was like Christmas Morning! And then add this incredibly photogenic sweetheart and you have MAGIC!
CLASS of 2023 GUIDE
- Press your Graduation Gown. Wrinkles can’t be removed very easily in Photoshop.
- Wear a neutral color under your Gown – Unless your gown is Black
- Bring a few outfits – I usually discuss outfits with my clients ahead of time so we’re on the same page. Believe it or not, I visualize the end photo as we work together. I choose certain backdrops over others based on what you’re wearing.
- Bring your College Shirt!
- Remember to bring your cords! You’ve spent 4 years earning these accolades, we have to have the full shot!
- Remember your cap and tassel. I hope you noticed the shot where she’s throwing her cap at me. We worked on that shot and I love how it turned out!
- Don’t be afraid to play – the only way for JOY to escape for the rest of us to see is…to play. Jump, skip, run. Just not all at the same time.
- Have a sense of humor and laugh – I’m going to give you a zillion things to do and I’m sure I will confuse you and you’ll feel silly. But the next laugh will be genuine. And that’s my goal. Just keep laughing at my stupid jokes and you’ll look incredible. (Bella’s Dad was here with us and he had a couple of one liners that caused her to react which was cute.)
- Take a few serious ones – Even though we were having so much fun, it’s important to not always have the same expression on your face. When you relax your smile, your eyes naturally open wider. It’s the model look.
DSHS Class of 2024! It’s your turn next! Remember to book your Senior Photographer early! The next year is going to fly by before you know it! I’d love for you to be the Dripping Springs Senior I photograph! This could be YOU!
Here’s another blog post you might be interested in! 4 Ways to Prep for Senior Portraits